ADD YOUR SUCCESS STORY HERE:
FREE COURSE➜ ➜ http://bit.ly/BulletproofImmuneSystemCourse
Talk to a Dr. Berg Keto Consultant today and get the help you need on your journey. Call 1-540-299-1556 with your questions about Keto, Intermittent Fasting or the use of Dr. Berg products. Consultants are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 10 pm EST. Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm EST. USA Only.
Which is worse, sugar or wheat? The answer might surprise you!
0:10 Wheat facts
1:58 Sugar facts
3:06 Sugar vs. wheat: which is worse?
3:29 Share your success story!
In this video, we’re going to talk about sugar and wheat. Out of the two, which is more unhealthy?
Take a look at the nutrition facts of each.
• Glycemic index: 72
• Modern wheat is different than traditional wheat
• Severely modified, high-yield, and semi-dwarf
• Contains unique glutens that increase risk of celiac by 4X
• Primary starch is amylopectin A (75% of starch)
• Amylopectin A triggers small LDL and is very high on the glycemic index
• May contribute to diabetes and heart disease
• Can cause a change in bowel microbes and lead to SIBO
• Increases glycation, which is irreversible damage to proteins in the body
• High in phytates, which block iron, calcium, zinc, and magnesium
• Can contribute to nutrient deficiencies
2. Sugar (sucrose)
• Glycemic index: 59
• 50% fructose and 50% glucose
• Fructose is not taken up by all cells like glucose
• Only your liver can break down fructose
• Contributes to a fatty liver if you have insulin resistance
• Increases your risk of gout, diabetes, heart disease, and fatty liver disease
• Because it’s refined, sugar depletes potassium, calcium, vitamin C, zinc, and B vitamins
The question is, is sugar or wheat worse for your health? Both are very bad for your health. If I had to pick one, I would have to say that wheat is worse for your health. This is because wheat is high in phytates, which can cause serious nutrient deficiencies.
In summary, sugar and wheat are bad for your health. Both can contribute to insulin resistance, deplete important nutrients, and increase your risk of disease. In my opinion, wheat is slightly worse than sugar.
However, on a Healthy Keto diet, you should be avoiding both sugar and wheat. If you’re new to keto, check out the other videos on my channel to learn more!
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, age 56, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: https://fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: https://m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketolifestyle
Thanks for watching. I hope this helps explain why sugar and wheat are bad for your health. I’ll see you in the next video.